June 17, 2020
The Colorado School of Trades (OPE ID: 01157200)[A1] received education stabilization funds under Section 18004(a)(1) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (“CARES Act”), Public Law No: 116-136. This Fund Report (as provided by CECU) applies to the student portion received under the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund that is designated exclusively for emergency financial aid grants to students.
- On May 19, 2020, the Colorado School of Trades signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students. CST intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide emergency financial aid grants to students.
- The total amount of funds that the Colorado School of Trades received from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students was $93,046.00.
- The total amount of emergency financial aid grants distributed to our students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of the date of this Fund Report is $67,669.76.
- The estimated total number of students at the institution eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, and thus eligible to receive emergency financial aid grants under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act, as of the date of this Fund Report is 69.
- The total number of students who have received an emergency financial aid grant under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of the date of this Fund Report is 64.
- In order to determine eligibility, the Colorado School of Trades identified all currently enrolled, full time students as of June 2, 2020, that had an eligible FAFSA on file. Disbursement amount was divided equally among all students. On June 10, 2020, all eligible students were instructed to complete this form, prior to receiving a personal check.
- On June 4, 2020, the Financial Aid department issued a memo through the schools online portal with information pertaining to student emergency funding that it had received. On June 9, 2020, an additional memo was issued to students with additional information on completing a FAFSA.